Thursday, January 6, 2011

ok I think I am back now.....

I know I have been gone for quite a while, sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging :) Here it is a new year and I have decided to do the 52 weeks of personal genealogy and history by Amy Coffin and hosted by Geneabloggers this weeks entry is New Years Memories.

New Year's Eve for my family while I was growing up was a big deal. It meant we got to stay up till midnight, watching Dick Clark's New Year's Eve from Times Square, then at midnight we got to go outside and yell Happy New Year. Then it was off to bed for us and mom got to sleep in the next morning. I didn't really follow this through with my son however, since he was ADD and needed to stick to his schedule. When he was a teen I would go out with my friends to celebrate at the local watering hole and when I got home he would still be up and we would wish each other happy new year and I would go to sleep while he stayed up playing video games.

So here's to another Happy New Year and I hope the best for everyone in 2011.
Peace and luv
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment