1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
I don’t think I actually did anything new this last year. That is kind of a sad reality for me, since I am supposed to be living life to the fullest and I honestly feel like I failed on that aspect this last year.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I generally don’t tend to make resolutions, but no I did not follow through with my goals for last year. for 2013 I have decided to work hard on no more consuming alcohol, eating healthy and exercising more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Victoria had her little Fridurik and Maggie’s son had precious little Celyne also I have several friends expecting in 2013 – Desiree is having twin girls any day now, Bill and Trish are having William Jr around Valentines day (I still say on the 11th so we can share a birthday), Mike and Krista are expecting a little boy this year
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I made it through the year with no significantly impacting deaths
5. What countries did you visit?
ummm none unless you count the countless places in the books I read
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
yeah again this year it will have to be a full time permanent job or steady work
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably July 1 because that is when I moved back into my own apartment after such a long time living with others
9. What was your biggest failure?
thinking my drinking was under control when in reality it was controlling me
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nothing major – just my regular day to day pain and anxiety
11. What was the best thing you bought?
havent really bought anything major in a long time – but I am the queen of freebies – my apartment is furnished with freebies including my tv with dvd player
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jaymee – she constantly surprises me with the things she is finding out about herself and acting on
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
do politicians count???
14. Where did most of your money go?
general survival – rent and electric bills but my money I should have been saving went to alcohol
15. What did you get really excited about?
going to see tim mcgraw at the puyallup fair in september
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
im sexy and I know it
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
gotta say fatter – hard to say without a scale though
iii. Richer or poorer?
about the same I think
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
actually living life instead of :”pinning” it
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
wasting time on the computer
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
christmas was a quiet affair with just my son and myself
21. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
new years eve was friends and family hanging out drinking with me once again blacking out and having to ask about my night – that was the final straw on the drinking thing
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
nope not really
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
still don’t believe in hating others
26. What was the best book you read?
I read so much…….. and they are all the best when I am lost in them
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
spotify – it is amazing to listen to what I want when I want
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film that you saw for the first time this year?
breaking dawn part 2
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 44 and I don’t really remember what I did for my birthday
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a job – yes it is a continual pattern with me
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I think I grew up a lot with my fashion – a lot more ruffles and color than ever before
34. What kept you sane?
my friends and family
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
this year would probably have to be shemar moore
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I think legalizing “gay” marriage – I have so many friends that have much healthier and stable relationships then I have ever had and they deserve all the rights that come along with committed relationships.
37. Who did you miss?
I missed my mom – and my dad – and melanie and mac – still miss talking all night with kyle at williams ave about life in general
38. Who was the best new person you met?
probably jesse’s friend alex – he is a good kid with a lot of potential
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
life lesson – when you admit to yourself that you have lost jobs due to your drinking (or after effects of drinking) your life can only change for the better
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't wanna be the girl who has to fill the silence
The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth
Please don't tell me that we had that conversation
I won't remember, save your breath, 'cos what's the use?