Thursday, November 10, 2011

november 10 2011

today is the 236th birthday of the United States Marine Corps.  I am eternally thankful for all the men and women who serve and protect our country and our way of free life.  today will be a little long since my step-brother was a Marine.  I am thankful for the few short years I got to share with him in my life.  As teens life was not what it should have been to say the least especially between me and my step-father.  Shawn and I didnt really talk about the stuff that went on in the house, but he totally knew it was wrong.  He worked at Taco Bell his senior year and would bring me a bag of food every night that he worked and just put it outside my locked bedroom door and knock and walk away.  it was not something i asked for, nor was it something he expected thanks for.  it was just something he did to try to right the wrongs going on within our household.  Shawn married a wonderful girl aftern graduation and when he went into the Marines they moved to San Diego.  I was living down there for a few months during that time and it was great to see him really succeeding in life.  Unfortunately, he had many personal demons to deal with and when his marriage was failing, he decided to end his life.  He is one of the actual good guys in my life, and he is greatly missed to this day.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week,
peace and luv,
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment