Thursday, January 5, 2012

Courage


"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Courage is something I think you are born with and somehow forget through the years. I can remember as a child having no fear of anything.  I was the queen of truth or dare because I would do any dare and never had to reveal my truths.  I spent hours climbing trees, tanning on the apartment roof, exploring the woods surrounding our apartments, doing crazy stunts on my skates, bike or skateboard.  As I got older I somehow forgot how brave I was.  I became afraid of so many things in life.  I have fought agoraphobia for years.  I fight my demons in my sleep (most of the time) due to PTSD.  I am afraid to let people get too close to me because I know the pain it causes when they are no longer there.  But I am trying, I am trying to have courage, to leave the house even on bad days, to try and keep my demon fights to my dreams, and most of all to let people in - even knowing that in the end I might end up hurt or hurting due to loss.

thanks for following me along this journey to me~~
peace and luv to all
laura

No comments:

Post a Comment