Wednesday, February 8, 2012

did you ever just want to yell redo and get to start over?

I think everyone should do just that every once in a while.  Lord knows I do it all the time, in my genealogy research, my general life, my trying to have a home business and even in trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  I don’t know about you, but growing up in the greater seattle area in the mid 70’s to mid 80’s there was a lot of emphasis on career in school.  it started with career day in elementary school, then in middle school it was career week and once you got to high school you needed to already be choosing a career so you could take the correct classes to work towards that lifelong goal.  I think that idea was probably good on paper, but not in reality.  I am in my mid 40’s now and I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.  somedays I am happy doing what I am doing, being a live in nanny for good friends.  then other days, I want to be a photographer or digital artist or do data entry from home or create one of a kind dolls or sew baby clothes or teach preschool to kindergarten.  I also have my days when I would like to be a home organizer, a wedding/party planner and my days when I want to go back to cubicle land and just put in my 8 hours a day and be done with it at the end of the day.   I just really don’t know what I want to do and I am not sure that it is fair to ask a teen to choose one thing and that is what they should be happy doing the rest of their working careers.  so on that note, I am revamping my All the Fine Details – which was formerly my digital scrapbooking site – into All the Fine Details – A year Long Journal Writing Experience for Everyone.  ok that was kinda longwinded so it will probably take a few hits before I am done and happy with it.  But that is what I am working on right now.  Getting ready to share my brilliance with the world once again Smile 

DSCF3228DSCF3231DSCF3233

I hope everyone is having a great day, week, month, year.

Peace and luv to all

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment