Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3/13/2012 Genealogy–FamilySearch.org

Family Search is a wonderful tool to use in your genealogy research.  It is free and being hosted by the Mormon Church it is very extensive.  I highly recommend FamilySearch as a starting point and have actually found many leads that have panned out in my family tree.  I have found that it is best to use all kinds of sites and resources for your research.  Just because you don’t find what you are looking for in one spot does not mean it is not in another place.  This year one of my goals is to actually go to one of the family history centers and do some real digging with help from people who do this day in and day out.  I will definitely save a post for when that happens so I can tell you all how it goes.  today I am going to be using familysearch.org to work on my mother’s family tree.  there is still so much I would like to find proof of but today I am looking for news articles about my grandmother in the 1940’s – she was supposed to have gone to jail for a while after my mom was born so after 1946 for embezelment from the company she was working for.  now this is something I would love to know more about.

Anyway, I am off to research land for today,

until tomorrow, peace and luv to all

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment